Tuesday, February 19, 2013

healing

Day 13 : A letter to someone who has hurt you recently.

This is the one I wish I had noticed before deciding to do this 30 days of me.

I don't do well with being hurt.

I don't like facing it.

So, when someone hurts me enough to make me write a letter, its kind of a big deal...

I don't want to write anything else.





I guess this is what my letter would say:

Hey you.  I miss you.  I love you.  I am sorry that you ended things the way you did.  I am sorry if I hurt you.  I keep thinking of how we were such close friends and now we are not and it makes me feel crazy.  I wish I could fix the mistakes that we both made.  I know I made my fair share, and you did too.  Sometimes, looking back on everything, it seems like a dream gone wrong.  I love you and I wish the best for you.  I am sad that things ended.  I hope you find happiness and that I can too.  I saw this the other day and thought of our situation:




 I know I have thrown stones...I was really hurt.  That is no excuse, but I said what I said.  So did you.  I have been withholding forgiveness, but I am trying to let go of that.  It is really hard to forgive when the person who hurt you doesn't care that they did.  I wish you could stop ignoring me and withholding mercy.  I can't help but think if you didn't talk about me behind my back, things could have been so easily resolved...

Mostly I just wish we could go back to what we were...friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Janalee, you said it perfectly!!! I didn't have the guts to say it on my blog but you said it PERFECTLY!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. That post was one of the hardest that I have ever done. Thank you so much for the feedback. It still makes me nervous when I think of it. I love you!

      Delete