Wednesday, February 13, 2013

goals

Day Eight:

Short term goals for this month and why.

HAHA.  This one is going to be one of the hardest goals I've ever set for myself.

I have done Lent on and off for several years.  My bff Ming got me started on it years ago and last year I did really, really good.  This year for Lent, Ming and I are both giving up eating after 8 pm and also unnecessary shopping......SHOPPING PEOPLE.  This is a HUGE goal.  You know what I do when I am sad?  Shop.  You know what I do when I am happy?  Shop.  You know what I do to have fun with friends?  Shop.  Retail therapy is my muse.  Not a good thing.  So when I asked Ming what we were giving up, she said shopping and I said, "Woah...."  I think there was a laugh or two and a serious amount of doubt in my mind.  You have no clue how hard this one will be for me.  But it will save money and all that crap.  Oh, I forgot to mention, grocery shopping and for birthdays and such are okay because you can't say, "Oh yeah, I'll give you your present after Lent, even though I'm not Catholic."  HAHAHA.  So today is day one.  Wish us luck.  I'm going to need it.

Day Nine:

Something you are proud of in the last few days.

I finally started sewing again.  I have got my first dress almost all the way done!  Just have to add the sleeves and it will be done.  It is nowhere near perfect, but hey, at least I'm trying something.  Right?  Whatever.  I made the dress and you didn't so stop judging me.  HAHA.  I am one clown away from a full blown circus.  Anyway, the point is, I was super scared of it, but so far sewing has been awesome to get back into.  Good thing I bought all of the material I needed for a while, at least until Lent is over.  Am I right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment