Monday, February 25, 2013

finishing what I started....

I haven't been doing the 30 days things for the past few days.  Time to catch up.  It almost over!

Day 18:  Plans/dreams/goals you have.

Go to DisneyLand someday.
Go back to Oregon.
Go to another Ben Folds concert.
Be as happy as possible.
Make every craft item and recipe I have pinned on Pinterest.

Day 19:  Nicknames you have; why do you have them?

So many....
  • Charlie Brown - which is what my dad calls me.  I don't really know why.  Maybe because I have a little rain cloud over me sometimes?  Or because people confuse me?
  • Rusty - because of my hair.
  • Red - again, because of my hair.
  • Conquistador - because the Capitan said so...
  • Gramma - best nickname I have.  My niece Alexa started calling me this and others have followed.  And I LOVE IT.
  • Janalee Fantastically Awesomest Bestest Ever in the Whole Wide World.  Or the short version of this - Janalee Awesome!!  Because I work with wonderful Troopers who make me feel better about myself.
  • JanaBananalee Jensen - because it rhymes.
  • Janaleelou - my special needs kids called me this.  It is a sweet one that makes me extremely happy that I had the chance to know them.
  • Jedi Master/Jedilee - Because I control the force apparently.
  • Emily.  This one is hilarious.  Whenever people call my work I say, "This is Janalee" and they say immediately, "Oh, Emily, Hi!"  NO.

Day 20:  Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future.

I have been opening up to the idea of maybe someday dating someone and maybe eventually liking them enough to be together for a while.  Marriage is a big step for a girl like me - and Deborah Carr playing Terry McKay in the unforgettable movie "An Affair to Remember." 

I guess the things I'm looking for are pretty simple.

  • Someone who makes me laugh.
  • Someone who likes me.
  • Someone that likes to eat good food and has a metabolism that will make it so I don't kill him with food.  Lets face it, I am a good cook/baker.
  • Someone who makes me want to be a better person, but who I can still be myself with.
  • Someone who is tough enough to handle my craziness.
That is basically all for now.


Day 21:  A picture of something that makes you happy.


 

This makes me happy every single time I watch it.
 And I know...its a video, not a picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment