Monday, August 6, 2012

Happiness

So...

I am 6 days in to my happiness project.  It is going good.  I have found that putting a star on my chart for each goal, each day makes me ridiculously excited to get more...WEIRD?  I know.

I struggled on Friday to do all of my goals.  It was just one of those days that I have sometimes.  But, every other day I have met my goals and THAT makes me happy.  And when I got sad the other day, I went walking and that really boosted my attitude.

Zumba has been a fun exercise too.  At first, I was totally embarrassed, but went because it was a fundraiser for a friend of mine.  Then, my sisters who love it kept inviting me.  Now I am into it more, but I still look like an idiot dancing around.  Oh well.  It makes me happy to be drenched in sweat from a fun exercise.  Endorphins are awesome.

I have been getting things done that have needed to be done for a long time, but I've been putting off.  It is such a relief to cross them off the list.  Again, I know its weird.

On day one of my happiness project, my boss came to work with a huge surprise... I GOT FULL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I could not be happier.  It definitely made my life so much happier just from that!  I didn't believe him at first...and I told him if he was just teasing me I would cry.  HAHA.  But he was serious.  I am in LOVE with my job and the people I work with.  I couldn't be more blessed.  FANTASTIC NEWS (right, Katie?)

Anyways, so far so good.  I like having  goals that make me happier.  I have been struggling with the "need/want" stuff, but I am going to get that through my head if it is the last thing I do.

Here's to your happiness and mine,

Janalee

5 comments:

  1. You don't look like an idiot when you do Zumba - I don't care what people think. I'm there for fun - do what I do - fake it til you make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are hilarious. See you at Zumba tonight. If you ditch me, I might be unhappy.

      Delete
  2. What full time I had no idea that is awesome I cant believe it! And I do agree you do have the best job and the best boss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the best response EVER!

    ReplyDelete