Friday, August 10, 2012

Awkwardness

Dude.

Hi.

I just wanted to say a little sumpin sumpin.  I need to get a few things off my chest and of course, this is the place not to do it.

However, I wanted to address the issue of my dating life...

Some people say, "You are so cute!  Why aren't you married?"

Or...some people say, "Are you EVER going to get married?"

And...others say, "You need a man!"

Others say to my mother, with a look of sorrow, "I feel so bad for her.  Is she so lonely?" 

(Side note:  I know it all with good, kind intentions.  But still.  Its like asking someone who can't have kids why they don't have any.  Or asking someone if they are pregnant when they just have a belly.)

Here is what I answer to all of these questions:  I'm happy.

Does it matter if I'm married or not?

And let me tell you why I'm not married:

I'm not in love with anyone.
 
How is that for an answer?

Shocking?

But really.



True, I want to get married eventually.  But I also feel like worrying about it and wishing and hoping just makes you feel like you are crazy, or may just make you crazy.  And I am determined never to settle for less than what I want.  I don't want to fall in love with someone just to have them leave me.  I don't want to marry someone because they are "good enough" or they'll change.  I want to marry someone that I'm in absolute love with.

Sounds crazy doesn't it?

And it makes me sound like a romantic.  But I'm not.  I just have seen so many people who are married to people who are jerks, liars, creeps, abusive, etc, and even just people who don't treat them bad, but don't really treat them good either.  If I'm going to "take the plunge" so to speak, I want to have someone that loves me despite my flaws, and who is going to treat me well and help me be happier, not sadder.  I would rather stay single for the rest of my life than marry someone and be miserable.  Life is tough.  Its tougher if you are stupid.  Or married to stupid.  Or whatever.  It makes me want to say this:



Anywho, just in case you were one of the people who have asked me any of those questions, I'm not trying to be mean.  I just want people to know you can be happy no matter what your circumstance or situation may be.

Just to be clear, I believe in marriage.  I think it can be a great thing.  And I am a proud supporter of smart marriage decisions.  One day, maybe I'll even be married.  But as for now, I'm happy being married to my single life.

And dating gives me a ton of stories...dating men who like to pretend they are not gay when they really are...things of that nature.  Or liking someone that is a total jerk.  And to be perfectly honest, I'm really glad none of my relationships have worked out yet.  I feel like it will happen when its supposed to.

Bored out of your mind yet?

Me too.

So in a nutshell, here is what this post is about:



Happy hunting.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Janalee

10 comments: