Friday, August 31, 2012

Goals For September...

August is over.  Well after today.

And I did really good with my goals except for that one really awful week I had where Coca-Cola was the only thing holding me together...

Anyway, there are more days with stars on my chart than without, so that is a positive thing.  I have noticed that I am super happy when I get to put stars on there, but really disappointed in myself when I can't.  Silly, I know.  So I probably should stop caring so much about that...

Now, on to September.  My goals for September will be in addition to my August goals.  Ugh.  If I can do them.  HAHA.  I'm going to be able to, I'm just tired so I am unsure.  September is going to be my Spirituality:  Contemplate the Heavens month.  And the goals are:


  • Pray more.  Prayer is proven (did you read that study too?) to relieve stress and sadness and clear your mind.  Prayer will help me feel closer to God and hopefully help me be nicer than I am currently.  I do pray already...and I feel like it is important to be real with God, so I will continue focusing on that.
  • Read scriptures more.  Reading about the life of Christ helps me be more believing.
  • Keep a gratitude journal.  Henry B. Eyring said, “You could ask yourself, 'How did God Bless me today?' If you do that long enough and with faith, you will find yourself remembering blessings. And sometimes you will have gifts brought to your mind which you failed to notice during the day, but which you will then know were a touch of God's hand in your life.” I'm hoping that by focusing on the positive things God has given me, it will help me be more thankful and hopeful.
So anyways...Happiness to all and to all a good night.

Janalee

4 comments:

  1. love the goals! Also I love that about a gratitude journal I think I'm going to incorporate that into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're doing a sticker chart! I am actually tempted to do that now too. I read my scriptures on an iTouch while I'm nursing at night, since I don't have to turn the lights on for that. I went from reading a couple chapters a week to a couple a night. I guess a big part of it is just finding what works for you. My mom does her meditation in the shower. Maybe you could put a notebook and pen on the toilet instead of a bathroom reader. You have to take advantage of these little moments of forced down-time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True statement! The sticker chart is my best buddy currently. Way to find what works for you! Your little one is absolutely adorable!!!

      Delete