Monday, July 16, 2012

Goals...for August

So my quest for more happiness is underway.  I bought a pedometer, made a poster to put my star stickers on, and I am trying to start practicing for the new goals I have made.  So far I can see that Sundays are my least productive day and I'm okay with that.  I think I will save Sunday as my day off on most of the goals I have.  So six days a week, I will be trying to boost my energy (body and mind) by:

  • Walking 10,000 steps.  Did you know that 10,000 steps a day makes your heart happier and healthier?  Yeah...I didn't.  I've been working on this one already and it is AWESOME.  Love this goal.
  • Exercising 30 minutes a day.  Whether its Zumba, which is hilarious and a good workout, or Taebo at home, or just walking, this makes me feel better about myself.  Good ole endorphins!
  • Sleeping for 8 hours, bed by 11, up by 7.  Most people need 8 hours of sleep to feel positive and if you aren't getting enough sleep you get sick more frequently.  I have an awful habit of staying up way late and then getting up early.  Thus, I am tired and I have no energy to do anything that I want/need to do.  And sleeping is one of my favorite things to do. 
  • Writing down my meals and activities through the day.  This way, I will try to only eat things I want to write down
  • De-cluttering my apartment...this one will be awesome.  I will use the five minute rule, so anything that takes five minutes of less gets done.  I will also be doing the evening tidy-up.  I like waking up to a cleaner home and so this will be great.
  • Not drinking soda pop.  Ugh.  This one with be my demon forever.  I love soda pop.  I do.  I'm not ashamed.  In fact, it is not that bad.  There are a lot of worse things in the world...but nevertheless...I am going to give up my soda for the time being.  I did it for Lent this year and did great.  I lost ten pounds by doing nothing different other than not drinking soda.  Its not a healthy habit...Sound like I'm trying to convince myself?  Yes.  I am.  In fact, as I type this, there is a Coca-Cola with lots of ice keeping me company.  Jealous?  I will be too when I read this in 15 days.
  • Doing things!  Okay, I have been putting LOTS of stuff off so this month I will do one of those things each day and get crap done!  That way I'll stop worrying about them and just get them outta the way.

The end results I'm looking for?  A happier home.  Healthier choices.  More motivation.

So as the end of July closes in, I'm drinking all the soda I can, walking more often, trying to get to bed earlier and focusing on my new goals.   Gretchen Rubin came up with 12 commandments for her happiness, so I thought I would too for me.  Some of mine are the same as hers.  My 12 commandments are:

  1. Let things go.
  2. Breathe.
  3. Wants and needs are different.  You don't NEED people to love you.  (This one is because I often only like myself if other people do.  But that is not the way it should be.  Whether people love you or not doesn't affect your worth.  Or at least it shouldn't.  This one will be a tough one for me, but I'm ready for the challenge.)
  4. Look for the positive in each situation.
  5. Do it now.
  6. Be fair.
  7. Enjoy the process.
  8. Read.
  9. Pray.
  10. Let yourself feel how you feel.
  11. Laugh.
  12. Worrying helps nothing.  (Even though I'm PRO at it.)
Welp...
I guess that is all for this post.  Wish me luck!  But I don't NEED that so nevermind.  Ugh.

Janalee

2 comments:

  1. Your goals make me want to revisit mine. I think you will do great! You are beautiful, smart, and can accomplish anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are WAY too nice to me. I just adore you!

      Delete