Monday, June 24, 2013

Vacations!

Actually, I mostly live without vacations, but when I do take the plunge and go on one, I have so much fun!

This trip we went to Las Vegas! 


Vegas kind of a funny destination because I don't smoke, gamble, drink, or hook up with random people.  Being LDS in a place like that is hilarious.  For instance, this dude named David put his arm around me and said, "Girl, where you from?"  I said, "Utah."  Then he makes this face like he just drank sour milk and says, "OH!!"  Excellent.  He was super funny and I'm glad we talked to him and his buddy, Goliath. 


And talking about alcoholic beverages with people was entertaining.  One girl who was a bartender said, "Don't drink Mai Thais or Long Island Ice Teas, they are for cheap girls."  Then one of the waiters said, "You should drink a Mai Thai!"  She yells, "No, don't tell her to drink that crap!"  They were hilarious.

We went to Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque Du Soleil.  I loved it.  In all honesty, it was the best show I have ever experienced.  All the good things from growing up came back to me.  I was so blessed with two older sisters who taught me the importance of Michael and his music.  They also crimped my hair, but the MJ stuff makes up for that torture.  I remember like it was yesterday when my dad and oldest sister got into a big fight about Michael.  "Michael Jackson wears little girls panties" was a statement my father made.  Kim was devastated.  She left the table and went to her room and didn't come out for a long time.  It.  Was.  Serious.  My middle sister, Annie, inspired the song, "Smooth Criminal" so that is pretty awesome.  We danced to Scream in the performance teams at Dansworks.  Michael Jackson.  Michael FREAKING Jackson.  I love his music.  Never fails to make me happier.  In fact, I just got the ringtone of Bad to wake me up in the morning.  Needless to say, I've been waking up a bit happier.


The bottom picture was right before the show was starting and I could not contain my happiness.  Oh my.


The original sequin socks and shoes.  WOW.
I am continually blown away by the fact that I got to go to this.  So freaking great.

In the Venetian (UGH) we saw living statues....I thought the living statues were going to be nice...wrongo bongo. I thought they would be like British soldiers, unable to move or talk or chase you down the hallway at a hotel. I was sorely mistaken. Ps...I didn't even know the lady was in the picture below until after I was done taking it. SO creepy.

Quite possibly the worst/best photo.  I was terrified.  I felt like a trapped child.  Looking back on it, it was hilarious.  In the moment, I really had bad feelings toward stilt man and flower girl.  Not to mention, Stilt man really did chase me down the hallway while I said, "Leave me alone!!"  Wow.

All in all, Vegas was a fun vacation.  I think I should go on more vacations than once every 5 years or so.  It couldn't have happened at a better time though.  I was so stressed and felt like nothing was going to work out, but getting away really helped me to clear my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment