Friday, June 21, 2013

Memories

So, this past weekend was my 10 year high school reunion.  SO weird its been that long.

On our actual anniversary date of graduating, I got really sad.  I thought about how much life has changed, how much I've learned and done, and how life doesn't always go the way you think it will.  I thought about all the friends and family I have lost, how I thought I would have everything figured out by now in life, that love would be easy and so would life.

To any high schoolers out there...Life is hard.  It is fun.  It never turns out the way you expect it to.  Even when you are 28, things still get thrown at you that you haven't gone through yet, and you keep learning.  It can be frustrating sometimes.  However, I believe that is the battle of life.  Learning to find happiness, even in the midst of crap.  That sounds weird, but whatever.  I'm serious.

Anyway, back to the reunion part.

The whole morning and afternoon before it, I put off getting ready and was just super nervous.  I watched Project Runway and Psych and finally decided to get ready.  I picked up my friend Juli and we were both kinda nervous, but then we agreed that we are both happy and no matter what other people think of you, that is what is important.

It ended up being super fun.  I loved talking to the people I went to school with, seeing where life has taken each of us and listening to wonderful music all night long.  We had food and won prizes (which I totally spaced until just barely!), but we mostly just talked with each other. 

I guess the point of this post is to say that even though I don't have everything in life I want and that life doesn't go the way you expect it to, it still works out.  I love how different it turned out for me.  And I still have life to look forward to.

We ended the reunion with a group photo, which I don't have, but will post when I do get it.  Until then, here are some fun photos from the night.

Ready for a good time!



Shandi and Bobby


Matt and Mitch - I tried to get them to by Chasers from the bar's vending machine...

Juli!

Photo of the night winner

Silly Sally
What a fun night!  Thanks for everyone who came and made me laugh!  It was great seeing you!

Janalee

2 comments:

  1. Your post made me think of this ecard that says "I miss being the age where I thought I'd have my shit together by the time I was this age." haha

    ReplyDelete