Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cool Crafts

So, my Grandma Jensen passed away in October 2010.  When we were going through some of her things, I saw this spice rack circa 1960 she had and decided I wanted it.  It had the original spices in it, and after some soaking and a few dishwasher cycles, it was clean.  I couldn't figure out what to do with it, and I knew I wasn't putting anything back in those containers, so I put it in the spare room and there it sat until a week ago.  I was trying to figure out how I could paint it to make the ugly brown color into something I would want to look at everyday.  I looked on Pinterest and found that people were selling their vintage spice racks for $35 and up!  I was amazed!  Anyway, I found some ideas and finally decided on an accent color for my kitchen/living room. 

So this is what it looked like before, but a bit darker, and I accidentally peeled off all of the stickers when I was washing them...



Now, this is the after...I think I'll hang it under this other cute thing I made for the kitchen...

I shoulda done the picture straight on, but you know, I don't even care...

Anyway,  what do you think??  I think it looks better and will be kind of a cute decoration.

In other news, I am going to my high school reunion this weekend.  TEN YEARS??  What is happening to me?  Oh well...I'm still pretty fun.

Have a wonderful day.

janalee


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish the stickers didn't get washed off though :( reunion huh? I want to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so freakin nervous...and I went through a few weeks of feeling really upset about it. How silly is that? I know, the stickers are cute, but as Jeff would say, "It is what it is." :)

      Delete