Friday, June 28, 2013

a Home

Welp...I did something really crazy this week.




I bought myself a house. 




No more renting, loud downstairs neighbors, not being able to leave my apartment when its snowing because of the RIDICULOUS driveway, scrapping ice off windows, making my guests sleep on the couch or floor, etc.

I'm SUPER excited that the whole house-buying process is OVER.  It was by far, the most stressful thing I've done all by myself.  I can see why people wait to do that until they are married...mainly because you could talk to each other and help each other feel better about it all...or blame each other when things go wrong.  HAHA.  Just kidding.  But that is funny to think about.  Some days, I would get ice cream for lunch and cry in my car.  Other days, I couldn't care less about what was going on.  It was too stressful and I shut down.  I started breaking out like I was in high school again.  And it was exactly as my friend Morgan said it would be:  "Everything that can possibly go wrong, will go wrong.  Just remember that it will all be okay in the end."  I am so glad somebody today me that.  I had to tell myself that at least once a week, more like 10 tens a week.  Insanity.  I am very proud to say that it is over.  I made it! Even if I did cry all morning today at work, I am happier now.

My house is a three bed, two and a half bath town home with a garage to make all my dreams come true.  And there is counter space to make cookies, in case anyone is wondering.  I redid a bunch of my current furniture and bought other stuff as well.  Can't wait to be all unpacked and good to go.  I think it will be one of the best things I've done for myself.  And lets face it, money does buy some happiness.

My nieces are stoked to have their own room, and my sewing machine is equally excited to have a room to share with the other crafting stuff.  So much fun!

Maybe I'll post some of the stuff I've redone soon....until then, happy I bought a freaking house day!

Janalee

11 comments:

  1. OH MY CONGRATS!!!! That is huge!! So exciting, and yes so scary at times! It is a nasty process buying that first house, but yay you can paint walls and pinterest the crap out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am most excited about!!! I have already been pinteresting the heck out of my stuff and I am finally feeling better about the whole situation. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is so exciting!! Where is it at? Have you moved in yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. Can't until its recorded on Monday, so it will be awesome. It is just off main st kinda by the high school. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Janalee! I am so excited for you, and I have to come by sometime and see it, when you are all settled in and ready for visitors :). Let me know! I want to buy a house someday too, but being back in school, I decided that I want to get my major all done, at least until I get my Bachelors. That way, if I need to move for my Master's, I can and not worry about selling my house. Once I figure out where I really want to be and where I might be working, then I can start house shopping. But I am stoked for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is smart thinking for sure!!! I'm proud of how well you are doing in school! You are awesome!

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! Im excited to see it and excited to see all the things you have been working on! you own a house... youre a big kid now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Additionally, I will add that I would NEVER use Southern Utah Title again. I would definitely go with Cedar Land Title and nobody else. :) Just wanted to throw that out there!

    ReplyDelete