Friday, March 22, 2013

FOOD.

Seriously.

Someone needs to help me.

I love food.  And I even love the healthy crap. 

For instance,

I made this amazing dish last night.

I put olive oil in the pan.  I then put half of a red pepper (chopped up of course) in the pan and had it on medium high.  Then I put three chicken breasts (well endowed chickens if I do say so myself) in the pan and let them hang out for a minute.  Then I put about a tablespoon of parsley and one of basil on the uncooked side of the chicken.  I flipped it.  Then I put about a tablespoon of pepper on them.  Added 3 whole yellow onions, a package of mushrooms, the rest of the red pepper turned it down to medium and watched in wonder.  I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I added a bit of chicken broth."  Magic.  That was what happened.  I am going to throw out that it was around 1/4 cup?  Maybe?  Anyway, I did it, put a little more basil and parsley and let it simma.



My house smelled delicious.



Then, I cooked some whole wheat/grain (whatever they freaking call it) pasta.  I chose regular spaghetti and it was the best choice I made yesterday.  After making sure the chicken was completely cooked, which I always worry about, I combined them and stirred and smelled.

I'm a freak for good smelling food.  Which makes for an awful situation when bad smells are afoot.

This picture doesn't do it justice.  But isn't that a beautiful plate?  Hunter Cowan baby!  And I have a matching cake plate, soup bowl (which is my favorite), and mug.  How classy is that crap??





So anyway, I ate this for dinner.  And then breakfast.  And I may or may not have to eat it again ASAP.

Don't judge me.  Or do.  Whatever.

Anyway,  In the midst of making this, I made a three tiered checkerboard cake for my friends birthday.  Frosted with the most amazing chocolate frosting.  It was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment