Friday, January 11, 2013

New Stuff

I might have a problem...

Okay.  Might isn't even true.  I have a problem.  I need to read more...not shop.  That has been my downfall lately.  Retail therapy is so my go to when I am missing something or someone.  It always helps.  However, I made a goal to try more new things though, and sometimes that requires buying things...oh please.  I'm totally justifying.  Whatever.  I guess when I have a family, I won't be able to be so selfish.

New things I tried this week:
  •  Cooking shrimp.  Man.  So easy!!!  I never knew how simple and fun and delicious that would be.  I made Penne a la Betsy this weekend and again this week...twice...and it is amazing.  I think added some sauteed mushrooms could be epic.  Just saying.  So, if you like shrimp, embrace the easiness of it.  I would rather cook with shrimp than any other meat.  It isn't as gross raw as the others.
  • Putting together an exercise bicycle...by myself.  This one is still ongoing, but gosh, I'm doing it!  I might have...there I go again..might have said some mean things to get something to work on it, but it did help!  Haha.  What can I say?  I am my father's daughter.  You sometimes have to tell the inanimate object who is boss.  Tony Danza.
  • Bidding on Ebay for the very first time...................................I didn't know some crucial things.  And now I am really regretting buying things instead of reading.  Idiot.  Oh well...lesson totally learned.  I didn't know the difference between your bid and a maximum bid...here's hoping an hour goes really fast today...and I can't feel too bad about learning the hard way, because I Really wanted this....
  • Making myself go to bed at a reasonable time.  This one is so hard.  I just can't stay up and feel normal like I used to.  Sorry to friends that I have been disappointing.  I guess I'm just getting older.
  • Laundry.  I did it all and put it all away the same day.  Now that is new.  And impressive.
So anyway, I'm still trying new things.  And just to update you, I got outbid on my ridiculous bid, so thank heaven that happened.  Lesson learned.  And hey, I will be able to live this week!

Have a pleasant day and try something new!

Janalee

2 comments:

  1. What were you bidding on e-bay Jana? I know what you mean about going to bed earlier because by midnight I don't even remember the children's names. It's horrible. Call dad, I am sure he would be happy to put your bike together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. I put it together by myself!!!! I was so proud. Dr. Mario and a Nintendo NES system. Its all good though :) Dad hooked up the original in my room. I'm so freaking happy. I love you Kimber.

      Delete