Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013...And the end of 2012

Yo.

So this year is going to be my year to try new things.

New things like...dating?  HAHAHA.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  We'll see if I find someone who actually is drunk enough to want that...  I will be sewing a lot this year.  And I plan to make all kinds of new foods.  So far, three days into 2013, I have gone to my first ever English Tea Party.  So much fun for an old chap like myself.  I also learned how to cook bacon!  So easy!  I ate a cucumber sandwich and an apple sandwich for the first time.  Delicious.  I ate homemade bagels (AMAZING) and today I am going to eat a new soup:  bacon-corn chowder with shrimp.  I just realized everything new I have tried so far has been food.  Don't judge.  I just really love food and if it makes me feel better about things, I'm alright with that.  Sorry if you aren't.  But not really.

SO sewing...I bought fabrics and patterns and I am terrified to start that again.  It might just be the most feared thing this week.  I will do my best to overcome the fear though :)

Another thing, I am going to read one new book each month.  Last year I read a lot more than that, but I figure, start small, and then see where you end up.

Man...so far, 2013 has been better than 2012.  Now, I know we are only 3 days into it, but it is shaping up to be pretty darn exciting.  I am going to make myself do more things to get out of my comfort zone.  That is so super scary because I am not really spontaneous...I'm not really okay with doing something without a plan.  My dad always teased me about having an "itinerary" all the time, but truly, I feel crazy without knowing what to expect.  I sound nuts...but oh well.  So, my friend and I are planning a bff trip to DisneyLand.  I have never been there, or to California for that matter.  And I...Am...Terrified.  Every time I think about it, I get a little bit more nervous.  and excited.  And worried.  HAHA.  I'm so not good at new things.  But maybe by the end of this year, I will be.

2012 was a rough year.  But I made it through.  I had so many great things, and some rather unfortunate times.  In the end, I think I came out stronger and I learned valuable lessons about what matters and what does not.  And I also learned that life is much more enjoyable when you don't care what people think and when you do the things you want instead of always placing yourself last on your list.  I don't think being selfish is a value, but I do think that loving yourself is.  I'm working on it.  I stopped doing my happiness project for a few months because of things in life that came up and needed to be faced.  I plan on starting that again this month.  More on that later...

Anyway, here's to a fun-filled, terrifyingly wonderful year for us all.

Janalee

6 comments:

  1. I can feel that 2013 is going to be amazing!!! :) I am going to try things outside of my comfort zone as well but we can do it Janalee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I so wish I could be there for your Disney trip! I can tell, you are going to be a very fun Disney tripper!! Also I am jealous because its my fave!!!!! Just use a GPS and it will be a piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so great! I am so worried about it! HAHA...what a dork huh? Wish me luck!

      Delete