Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wasting Time

So...I made a huge mistake.

Huge.

I set up the converter box and antenna for my television so I could have something to watch besides DVDs.  That happened last night.  Thanks Ginger and Katie for the help :)  And random dude at Big Lots.

Once upon a time, I had the ability to prioritize things.  I would do crafts and clean while listening to music.  Now, I feel like I may never, ever, ever get another thing done.

I have 21 channels and I have learned the following in less that 15 hours:

  • NPR has a tv station!!!
  • There is a country music that plays only music videos!  Its like CMT in the 90s.  LOVE it.
  • You no longer have to avoid putting up Halloween decor!  There are new ads for wall savers so none of your decorations "ruin your home".  "Want to have Halloween decorations, but don't want to ruin your walls?"  My question still remains, what kind of decorations are these people using??!??
  •  CBS is not on my list...this saddened me at first, but then really encouraged me.  This way, I will not cheat and watch Survivor or The Amazing Race without my friend.  Well played.
  • This election is super annoying.  Seriously.
  • Watching other people cook is surprisingly interesting.
  • Commercials are stupid.
  • I cannot watch Dateline.  Or Revolution.  Or 48 hours.  Or Law and Order.  Or anything that could make me think someone is going to murder me tonight...
  • Watching news in the morning and eating breakfast makes me feel like a real grownup. 
  • I still hate Dancing With the Stars.
  • The Voice...wow.  Christina Aguilera...You need to look at what you are wearing and think, "Does this leave ANYTHING to the imagination?  GrossKeep them in your shirt.


 So thus we see, Janalee's life has now been infiltrated and will be spent wasting time.  Wish me luck.
Oh!  Modern Family is already my favorite.  But if you think of other great shows, please let me know :)

Janalee

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you finally got this done!! I don't know how you lived ;) SOOO I discovered just this morning on the "mytv" station at 7am CASH CAB is on!!!!! Made my day... Maybe it was 7:30 (I'm having a hard time believing I was up before 7)Well I hope you get that channel and I also love Modern Family among a million others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUDE...You just made my dreams come true! I LOVE CashCab! Thanks for the heads up!!!!

      Delete
  2. HAHA!! Love your post....love TV!

    ReplyDelete