Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ugh.

So...I'm not much in to politics.  I don't like when people argue or lie.  I have been watching debates and all the news that follows.  Its irritating to say the least.  I have come to the following conclusion:

If Nicki Minaj and Honey Boo Boo are for something, I am against it.


So.  I have sent in my absentee ballot (so convenient) and I feel good about it.

I almost didn't vote, but remembered something one of my professors taught me:

"Women fought so hard to vote.  If you don't vote, you are not respecting the women who fought for you to have equal rights."

So, I am thankful for those women who gave me the chance to vote.  And for all the freedoms we have.  Mostly, I am thankful that I have never seen an episode of Honey Boo Boo and I will not ever be a Nicki Minaj fan.

Weird post, but I am hoping to still be friends with people who view things differently than I do :)


Anyway, vote if you can.  Or don't.  My friend always says, "If you don't vote, you lost the right to complain."  Please don't just vote so you can be a whiner...

Okay?

Okay.

And lets get down to serious business:  

I ordered my first real grown up coat!!!!  I got a mustard colored PEAcoat and can't wait for it to get here.  I've been rocking a $10 coat for the past four years.  It is red and a little bit thicker than a windbreaker.  I am so, so excited!!!!  I have always, forever wanted to have a peacoat and be like Ming, and now I am moving one step closer to being super cool like her.  YAY!

Happy Trails :)

Janalee 

10 comments:

  1. Okay I feel like sometimes we have the same brain because 1. I'm in search of my first ever peacoat! (Mustard??? Thats awesome) 2. I hate Honey Boo Boo not so much her because she is a child but the other night I had a dream and she was in it and I have been grumpy ever since. 3. The whole thought that women and men fought so hard to be able to vote makes me want to vote so I have been trying to be educated this year so I can be prepapred to vote.

    Sorry for such a long comment I love you! Thanks for blogging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE you Meg! Thank you for the reply. I am so glad its not just me. And here is the link to the coat I bought. Tell me what you think! http://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Women-s-Double-Breasted-Faux-Wool-Peacoat/20926302?findingMethod=rr

      Its cheaper than most, but from the reviews, it doesn't sound like you would know that?

      Delete
  2. I had to look up the coat too....SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My saying about elections is: if you're going to vote, be an educated voter. Don't just pick someone just because you have the right to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I'm just getting to read this but you made me laugh way hard. May your pea coat be warm and fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete