Monday, June 25, 2012

Books

Hunger Games Hunger Games Hunger Games
Wow.  I just finished the first book of  The Hunger Games series.  Wow.  I hated the ending, not in the this ending sucks way, but in the way she treats Peeta.  Poor guy.  If you haven't yet read these, you probably will like them if you do.  I'll admit that the first 100 pages were slow for me.  I kept thinking that I should be more in love with the people and the book itself.  But then once I got past that I couldn't put the book down.  I was reading it while testing people at work.  It was a two minute typing test they did three times.  So I read for two minutes, got up, helped them start a new one after recording the score, and then read for two minutes, on and on for nine hours.  It was quite humorous.

I will admit, I feel like I don't know enough about him to be team Gale.  I am team Peeta currently.  I think Gale was a great friend to her, but Peeta loves her.  And I think if you went through the crap they did together, you would need each other to recover.  I guess we will see what Catching Fire and Mockingjay bring.  I already hate President Snow.  Such a jerk.  And I hated Cato as well.  I think Foxface was quite tricky, but I'm glad she didn't win.

Favorite character:  Rue.  No Cinna.  No.  Rue.  Okay...its a tie between them.  I love Rue and Cinna, both.  Oh.  And Haymitch.  At first I thought he was weird, but I really liked him by the end.

Oh, I guess I should say that I saw the movie prior to reading the book.  I like to do that so the book isn't ruined by the movie.  I think they did great casting the movie.  I heard people complaining about the girl who played Rue, but I think that she was fabulous.
poor books
Anyway, read a book.  It is good for your soul...
And you don't want a book to kill itself because you didn't read it...
Seriously.
Read a book.

And have a great day :)

4 comments:

  1. Good first post! :) I planned one at the beginning of the year to keep track of all the books I read...I've only written about two of them. Good luck keeping up with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll need it. :) I'll have to start following your blog too!

      Delete
  2. JanaLee, I miss you and your blog is a great way I get to keep up with you. I think I will need to start reading those books. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, You are so great! Thanks so much for always being so kind!

      Delete