Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Books

Seriously.

How lucky are we to have access to such great and powerful objects?  I have been rereading a favorite book of mine.  Its called The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

This will be the third time I've read it...  And each time, new things stand out to me and I fall in love with it for a new reason.  Its about a little girl named Liesel who moves in with foster parents during World War II.  The street where she lives has lots of great characters on it.  At first, I hated Rosa Hubermann because she calls everyone she loves mean names.  But then that is just her way of showing them she loves them.  I know its opposite of what it should be, but that is how she does it.  The book is narrated by Death.  Weird?  Not even.  Totally awesome.

I cannot recommend the book enough.  It is sad, happy, funny, heart wrenching, and just wonderfully amazing.  Its a lot like life is really.

Its about losing.  And gaining.  One of my favorite quotes from Death is this, "I witness the ones that are left behind, crumbled among the jigsaw puzzles of realization, despair, and surprise. They have punctured hearts. They have beaten lungs."  So from Death's point of view, and my own personal point of view, its much worse to be the ones who live on.  Seriously.

Anyway, if you like good books, read this one.  If you don't like good books, I just don't know what to say...other than this:  We need to talk.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. done! I was looking for a new book to start. sounds like a good one. MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like good books! ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete