Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baking/Crafting

This one is for you Missy.  Melissa.  Whatever they call you....

So, I make these delicious Corn Starch Cookies and I was bragging on them the other day...So I decided instead of just typing them for one, I would type them for all.

Corn Starch Cookies
1 cup butter, MELTED
3/4 cup corn starch (that's right)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour

Mix in first three ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.  Beat in flour until mixed thoroughly.  Drop by small teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Flatten them out with flour-covered bottom of a glass.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Now, for the best part:

Cream Cheese Frosting

3 oz cream cheese, softened.  I like to put mine in a mixing bowl on top of the stove while the oven preheats.  That way, it is softened, but not melty.  And perfect.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla...or more if you like.

Beat together until smooth.  You can even add color if you want.  If the frosting isn't runny enough for your taste, add more vanilla or you can even add milk in teaspoons if you like.

Frost the cookies.  And just you wait.  They melt in your mouth.  And they are tasty.  Tasty.  I might have to make some tonight.  Dang it.

And might I just add this:  Cream Cheese Frosting could cure all of the world's problems.



And now for the crafting part of this blog...

I found a quote the other day that made me laugh and so I made it for my bathroom.  I then showed a coworker.  And I made one for him.  It said, "Wash your hands and say your prayers cause germs and Jesus are everywhere."



So anyway...I have been crafting a lot lately, and I have come to feel that it is a great way for me to handle stress in life and a great way for me to feel like I am doing something worthwhile.  Even if I'm the only one who sees most of the stuff I make, at least it makes me happy.

Right?

 Anyway, Happy National Beauticians Day (Shoutout to Amy Garfield) and also Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day!  I shared my puddin with you!

:)

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Georgie Porgie Puddin' n' Pie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. Love that. I was telling someone about how Quinn laughed at that. And it makes me laugh whenever I think of it. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Jana. And you can just call me The Fajitaschwa, thank you very much. ;)

    ReplyDelete