Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanks/Nonthanksgiving

Dude.

Hi.

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Here is my 2017 list of things I'm thankful for.  And a list of things I'm not thankful for.

Nonthankful list

  1. Cancer.  As far as I'm concerned, cancer should get cancer and die and leave everyone the hell alone.
  2. Sickness of any kind.  Life is always better when you don't feel like trash.
  3. Tuna fish sandwich smell.
  4. Waking up early. 
  5. People who cut you off in traffic and go 5 mph when you are going 50.
  6. Wind.  Wait no, Cedar City wind. 
  7. Perfectionism.  In all forms.  I am a die hard perfectionist when it comes right down to me, which is probably why I don't like myself a lot of the time.  I give others way more compassion and lenience than I ever would even think to give myself.  I hate perfectionism because it makes us all feel like we suck when we are just people trying to be better.  I hate it when it comes to religion and making people feel like God won't/can't love them because of their struggles.  I'm a fan of the idea of embracing our imperfections and supporting each other through them.  I can't ever get a ponytail to look just right and that's okay.  I don't have faith from time to time.  My entire kitchen looks like a crafting bomb exploded and I don't think that is going to change this week.  Maybe next week.  I'm chunky and I have freckles and cavities and white eyelashes and invisible eyebrows.  And that is perfectly imperfectly okay.  It's all okay.  I'm not worried about looking like I'm perfect or pretended that I am.  I'm more worried about people expecting that from me and me falling short every. single. time.  Yuck.
  8. Feeling smothered, even if it's well intended smothering.  It just doesn't work for me.
  9. Change.  I'm not good at it.  I know, I know, sometimes change can be good.  But this is my list, homeboy, and I'm not thankful for change. 
  10. People who care more about politics than they do about people.  That kind of stuff makes me sad.  I think it's cool so many people want to make the world a better place.  I think it's even cooler when you still care for others that have differing views than you do.  None of us are right all of the time.  Maybe instead of fighting so much, we could learn from each other and work together?  A girl can dream. 


Thankful list

  1. Books, Audiobooks, Coloring Books.  I love books.  I cannot live without books.  I love all kinds.  And I love my friends that talk books with me. 
  2. Mad Pita.  Holy crap.  This year was the year I found Mad Pita.  It is the best.  Fresh to death.  Good enough that I sometimes text my mom, we go eat Mad Pita, and come straight home.  It's pretty much the best.
  3. A NEW OFFICE!  My boss is the BEST BOSS EVER.  He got me a new office and a new desk and a huge evidence room and it is just wonderful.  I'm really so grateful for the job I have.  I love it, even when I struggle some days.  I feel so blessed to work with so many awesome people.  I am thankful for the DLD people who have become really close friends.  I am thankful for the Dispatchers who deal with every single call that comes in.  Some of the calls are absolutely heartbreaking, but they do their job excellently and help so many.  I am thankful for the people who show up in person to those scenes, whether it is Fire, EMS, or Law Enforcement.  We are so blessed to have people who care more for others than themselves.  I work with some of the best Troopers.  They work so hard to make our community better.
  4. My parents.  My dad freaking drops everything all of the time to help my sisters and me.  My mom watches the kids and supports us through a lot.  We are really lucky. 
  5. My nieces.  They are so many of the reasons I like my life.  They make me so proud whether it is swimming, dancing, school stuff, personal stuff, etc.  They are great kids.  I love watching them interact with friends and each others.  It is so refreshing to see kindness, humor, and silliness in them.  I love them each so much. 
  6. Friends.  I have hit the lottery with my friends.  I had a pretty crazy anxiety attack this year in front of Angie and she STILL is my friend.  (Who has anxiety about the Hoover Dam?  🤣🤣🤣)  I love the friends that I don't have to see or talk to for a while, but we pick up where we left off.  Mostly, I love the friends that love me despite my imperfection.  I love love love my friends. 
  7. Tacos, Coca-Cola, & chocolate.  My lifeblood.  🌮🌮🌮
  8. Crafting/Pretty things.  I love making pretty things.  I love seeing some project in my head and having it work out the way I dreamed it would.  It is like therapy for me.  I don't know what it is, but it helps me let go of stress and focus on beauty instead.
  9. My little car.  She's a champion.  I have really loved her.
  10. MUSIC.  I can say of all the things I love to do, listening to music, playing it, singing, are my very favorite things.  I love music.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and eat mashed potatoes and gravy and most importantly, Stove Top Stuffing.  That is all I eat on Thanksgiving.  It is so on.

Janalee

No comments:

Post a Comment